Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sleep Beware: Arms & Abs (Day 3)

Typically, I disagree when people say they don't have enough time to workout; especially if that workout is being done at home.  "You have time to watch 2 hours of reality TV but no time to take care of your body?  You lazy little thing!" (or something more snarky). However, without proper planning, your whole exercise/shower/cook/eat evening process can easily consume your entire night leaving you with little time left for yourself/your family/your friends/your ______.  And that sucks!  You are getting this great new body and you can't even go anywhere and celebrate.  Lame.

Turns out this just takes a little planning - or in my case, lack there of.  I had a meeting on Tuesday evening and by the time I got home it was almost 9pm.  Out of respect for my lower level neighbors (and, quite frankly, because I was tired), I decided I would head to bed and force myself awake at 5am to take on Tony.

For night people, Tony is not quite (read: not at all) as funny in the morning as he is after you've been awake for several hours.  He also appears to be much more flexible than I am when it comes to some of the ab exercises (I can't keep my leg straight!) which is bound to ruffle the feathers of even the friendliest night owl.  But after you get warmed up, it's not so bad.

I am not dedicating myself to morning workouts because I know myself and I know how much I love seeing a 7 on my alarm clock as opposed to a 5.  However, I don't love taking two showers a day - especially since it is getting cold out and my skin is starting to get dry.  Two showers is not good for dry skin people!  No good at all!  I would weigh more pros and cons but I was up early and now I'm tired. The point is, it's not necessarily the workouts that take up so much time, but all the other stuff you have to do (or forgo) on account of the workout. Without proper planning, I can see how people say they don't have time for workouts.  They also don't have much for time management skills (most likely), but their point is noted and has the potential of being valid.

Food for thought of the day?  Who schedules a meeting at 5am?  Nobody I know but me, all my fellow fitness freaks and Tony Horton.  Sleep beware, we may be hitting the hay a little earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment