Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 1

It is luck that I only have three followers because my lack of keeping up with you all over the past month has been atrocious.  I apologize - no excuses.  But I'm back.

It's day one and after my workout my hands are sore, my abs are sore and my arms and legs are shaking a little bit as I sip my recovery drink.  Today's challenges were chest, back and abs.  This proves to be quite a turn-off if you suck at push-ups, pull-ups and everything similar like I do.  Regardless, I "pushed play" and while I had to pause the program 3 times and modify several of the exercises, I finished day one. 
 
Today's workout was really hard and I encountered three majors problems: 

#1 - My kitchen chairs clearly weren't designed to support decline push-ups or act as pull-up assistants.  Seeing that I can only legitimately do one pull-up on my own, I need the chair for support.  Tony's gym has pull up bars that you have to jump to grab, mine I can reach easily from my tip-toes.  This makes the issue of chair support a tricky one.  I felt like when I had my leg on the chair I was putting way too much weight on it.  Once I master that art, I will share with you. 

#2 - Unless I want to have constant floor-burn looking hands, I need those little push-up support things and/or a yoga mat.  The carpet is also hard on your hands for things like the dive-bomber and diamond push-ups.  There is a reason Tony's gym doesn't have carpet: carpet sucks. 

#3 - I need some more weights.  I have ten and twelve pound weights, but for some of the exercises I am going to need more.  I think I'll run out to the store and grab some today.  ($$$$$)

It's tough to start a new program and Tony definitely is not there to whisk you around joyfully like a bout of Jazzercise.  This shit is hard.  It's hard for the guys that are on the video and it's definitely hard for me.  But it's day one and overall, I feel like I got a great workout in today.  I can't wait to see what my body can do in a few weeks and months.

Signing off for now - but I'll be back.  So long as I can type.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing your first day! I've been checking every (week) day and was really excited to see an update this morning! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete